[VAL] Black tank valve, Question # 9,994.07

Ok, another question for all.... those people who have been under their
trailer and pulled these things apart might appreciate this small
tid-bit.... ok, this black/white adapter goes into the tank with vulkum
and a hose clamp like the book says..... why? is there some some reason
why it can't be put into the tank in a more permanent fashion? like the
gray tank (my grey tank that is) so that there's not a chance later on
that it would leak there? I know that this question seems a bit petty
in nature, but who knows, I get the funny feeling that some of  you
will be there some day as well. Charlie, the box came today! thanks for
the bubble wrap! Ha, Ha!! (thought for sure I'd get peanuts after the
last return I sent you!) I just wish that I'd gotten a second valve
from you at the time I ordered the other stuff, I could've had it back
together this afternoon.... Oh well, waiting till monday.... Thanks
all! Jeff  (77 sovereign)