[VAL] Welcome to the Vintage Airstream E-Mail List

I would like to welcome all of the subscribers to the former Vintage Airstream
Club E-Mail list to this, the successor list, to be known as the Vintage
Airstream List (VAL).  As you will note, the expected change-over has now
taken place.

There are no real changes in the list at this time, nor are any expected.
Things should continue as normal.  The main difference is that the list is now
located on my dedicated server, rather than on the Airstream.net site.  This
means that messages to the continuing list should be sent to
valist@tompatterson.com, rather than to vaclist@airstream.net as in the past.
The list office is now located at
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.com

I don't know of any bugs existing in this changeover as yet, but I am sure we
will experience some.  Please be patient, as they will be worked out as
quickly as possible.  I certainly don't want this changeover to take any
longer, or require any more of my time and effort than you do!

The list program is the same Majordomo version 1.94.5 as was being used by the
VAC List.  There is a slight difference in the way that HTML is being
stripped, but the intent is the same.  No pictures, or attachments of any kind
will be able to be posted.  This is for everyone's protection, as we sure
don't want any kind of virus slipping through in the messages.  Be aware that
some of your signatures on your messages may now be stripped  from the message
if they are in the form of an attachment.

The list monitors continue, and for your information are:

RJ Dial
Ed Emerick
Toby Folwick
Scott Scheuermann
Daisy Welch

There were a few problems in the old VAC List "List Office" which presented
some folks with problems in signing up for that list.  I believe that these
have all been taken care of in the new list, and that people will be able to
sign up for the continuing list without difficulty.  Let me know at
tomp@tompatterson.com if I am wrong and you do run into any trouble.

Finally, as a subscriber to the VAC List for a number of years, I would like
to express my personal thanks and gratitude to RJ Dial, to the List monitors,
and to the Vintage Airstream Club for hosting the former list.  I know that I
got a lot of good information from the list, and it was a great help to me in
my own trailering adventures.  The efforts of all of these good people are
much appreciated!

-Tom Patterson