The Vintage Airstream E-mail List

Digest Archive Files


VAL Digest V1 #50



VAL Digest         Wednesday, October 29 2003         Volume 01 : Number 050




-----------------------------------------------------------------
When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary Digest text

To unsubscribe or change to an e-mail format, please go to
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.html

Topics in Today's Digest:

RE: [VAL] Metal Threshold Plate/coloring aluminum
[VAL] RE: VAL Digest V1 #49
[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #46
Re: [VAL] Dexter Axle
Re: [VAL] Metal Threshold Plate/coloring aluminum

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:39:37 -0500
From: "Lynn Evans" <Earth2lynn@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [VAL] Metal Threshold Plate/coloring aluminum

Thanks from me too...I wondered what to put there...all I had was a nice
even strip of matching caulk and was going to worry about it when that
wore out.  In fact we have an old piece of trim from the rip-out that
works. I have bent that aluminum trim stuff into all sorts of things!!!

Now I wonder if there is some easy patina polish I can rub the interior
light fixtures with that will make them look like bronze instead of
getting into anodizing...something I don't think my brain has room right
now to learn. I have some metallic wax I use on some of my unglazed pots
that might work.  These are the bullet shaped things...I like them well
enough to keep them.  I know I will have to sand them down and probable
prime them with something.


Finally building the last piece inside...the couch/bed with large
drawers for extensions to make a queen sized bed....yea!!!
Lexxy/aka/Lynn 
[Alexis Lynn] in Augusta Ga.
 '67 Safari ...the never ending story!
http://flummoxed.org/lexxey/dewdrop.htm
 


>
>Here's a link to our threshold photos:
>
>http://www.insideout-design.net/maxwell/During/door.html
>
>The aluminum material is available at Home Depot.
>
>Rob Davis

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:35:09 -0800
From: "Jonas.Nathan" <Nathan.Jonas@ftb.ca.gov>
Subject: [VAL] RE: VAL Digest V1 #49

Nathan Jonas


- -----Original Message-----
From: VAL Digest [mailto:valist-admin@tompatterson.com] 
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 10:00 PM
To: valist-digest@tompatterson.com
Subject: VAL Digest V1 #49


VAL Digest          Tuesday, October 28 2003          Volume 01 : Number
049




- -----------------------------------------------------------------
When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary Digest text

To unsubscribe or change to an e-mail format, please go to
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.html

Topics in Today's Digest:

Re: [VAL] RV water heater - your next one?
[VAL] REFRIGERATOR PANELS
[VAL] REFRIGERATOR PANELS
Re: [VAL] REFRIGERATOR PANELS
[VAL] Re: 54 Brochure
[VAL] Metal Threshold Plate
Re: [VAL] Metal Threshold Plate

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:28:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Toby Folwick <toby_folwick@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VAL] RV water heater - your next one?

but, if considering precision temp - you may want to
get the RV model, which is about 1/2 the price.

http://66.161.146.46/RV-500Page1.html

Toby


- - --- "T o m  :-)" <tmeeker@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
> This could be the answer to some questions about
> what type of water heater to
> replace your old one with when that time comes.
> 
>
http://www.gaswaterheaters.com/boatsandrvwaterheaters/showermate/index.h
tm
> 
> Tom
> WBCCI 5303
> 
>
- - -----------------------------------------------------------------
> When replying to a message. please delete all
> unnecessary original text
> 
> To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please
> go to
>
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.html
> 
> 


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/

- ------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:33:19 EST
From: GRUBBYACRE@aol.com
Subject: [VAL] REFRIGERATOR PANELS

I Think this is where I write to to have my question sent to the VAC
list... 
if not, let me know..
I have been trying to remove my top and bottom holding rails on my 
refrigerator doors. I removed all the screws. The area near them wiggles
a little but 
something seems to be holding them (one each and every strip) fast in
the 
center. I can't see anything and I don't want to force it and maybe
break the 
plastic. I even went so far as to call the Domitec Techs.. and they
said.. just 
remove the screws and it will come right off... No way. Has anyone else
had this 
problem and sloved it??? Thanks  Mike

- ------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:55:21 EST
From: GRUBBYACRE@aol.com
Subject: [VAL] REFRIGERATOR PANELS

I forgot to mention... I am trying to replace the front panels on the 
refrigerator doors...

- ------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:09:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Toby Folwick <toby_folwick@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VAL] REFRIGERATOR PANELS

I don't understand the term "holding rails" - you
might have to explain this part - but I've recently
torn my fridge apart to repaint the door and repair
the inside door piece (plastic) on a 1959 dometic. 

the era of your fridge might be helpful too!

Toby

- - --- GRUBBYACRE@aol.com wrote:
> I forgot to mention... I am trying to replace the
> front panels on the 
> refrigerator doors...
> 
>
- - -----------------------------------------------------------------
> When replying to a message. please delete all
> unnecessary original text
> 
> To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please
> go to
>
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.html
> 
> 


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/

- ------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:27:50 -0500
From: "Patricia V. Raimondo" <praimond@optonline.net>
Subject: [VAL] Re: 54 Brochure

I haven't received the brochure yet but I understand it to be a catalog 
of all trailers available in 1954. I'll be making a color copy to send 
to Fred C. for the archives. If anyone is interested in a copy I'd be 
happy to send one. Let me know off list.


Patti
Long Island, NY
1954 Flying Cloud
2003 Safari
02 2500 Suburban
WBCCI # 3321
Washington DC Unit
VAC

- ------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:21:53 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: kevinchop@earthlink.net
Subject: [VAL] Metal Threshold Plate

To a Fellow 1956 / 57 Vintage Airstream Owner:

I have just completed putting on my new plywood floor this past weekend
and are planning to put my shell back on next weekend.  While doing the
preliminary planning I was trying to figure out how the metal door stoop
went back on (metal piece that goes on the floor in the entrance at the
very edge of the plywood)?

The previous owners had put a layer of 1/2b plywood on top of the
existing 5/8b plywood.  Therefore this metal piece was modified to work
with the additional 1/2b plywood.  Obviously we removed all of the
flooring.  Soooo, I have know idea if this is the original piece of
hardware, and if it is, how it goes back on?????

If you have close up photograph you could forward to us it would be
greatly appreciated.  

Thank You

Kevin & Valerie Chop
#5585

- ------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:38:27 -0700
From: Rob Davis <rob-iod@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VAL] Metal Threshold Plate

Kevin,

Here's a link to our threshold photos:

http://www.insideout-design.net/maxwell/During/door.html

The aluminum material is available at Home Depot.

Rob Davis
'64 GT



kevinchop@earthlink.net wrote:

>If you have close up photograph you could forward to us it would be
greatly appreciated.

- ------------------------------

End of VAL Digest V1 #49
************************


- -----------------------------------------------------------------
When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary Digest text

To unsubscribe or change to an e-mail format, please go to
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:48:52 GMT
From: waymark1@juno.com
Subject: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #46

Anyone ever try putting a large "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL" sign on their trailer?
Taking the wheels AND the hubs off (you probably need to repack the bearings and 
check the brakes anyway) will sure slow any thief down (in case one comes along 
who can't read).
Al Grayson



>From: "Lynn Evans" <Earth2lynn@comcast.net>

>What kind of lock can I get for the hitch?  I got one at Lowes but I couldn't 
>get it to work die to the lever thing being too high and scratched it up and can't 
>return it.  I looked at all sorts of pictures on the net on rv sites but I can't 
>figure out how they work.  I have a small utility trailer with a key lock but it 
>doesn't work on the A/S due to the lip around the ball holder part of the hitch.
- ------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:57:58 -0400
From: "Lynn Evans" <Earth2lynn@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [VAL] hitch lock/wheels

>You could always remove the tires and wheels so anyone would need to raise the trailer 
>and insert a big dolly to tow it away!  That would look pretty obvious then that it was stolen. 
> Or, would that be today's low-rider RV? ;)
>
>Tom in NC
>5303

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:11:59 -0500
From: Chris Elliott <celliott@midcoast.com>
Subject: Re: [VAL] Dexter Axle

Thanks for the info  , Dr .Johnson . I saved it for future reference too ,
I may try dexters when the time comes if I can figure the specs out .
Chris

"Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer" wrote:

> The catalog sheets I've copied from Redneck Trailer Supply gives all
> those Dexter dimension options and the deflections under loads for the
> various unloaded angle options.
>
> Gerald J.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:48:46 -0500
From: Daisy Welch <jtdjtd@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: [VAL] Metal Threshold Plate/coloring aluminum

Hey Lexxy,

I'm thinking about using silver leaf to change the color of stuff. I 
think you can get copper leaf and other colors too. Whaddya think ?

Daisy

Lynn Evans wrote:

> Thanks from me too...I wondered what to put there...all I had was a nice
> even strip of matching caulk and was going to worry about it when that
> wore out.  In fact we have an old piece of trim from the rip-out that
> works. I have bent that aluminum trim stuff into all sorts of things!!!
> 
> Now I wonder if there is some easy patina polish I can rub the interior
> light fixtures with that will make them look like bronze instead of
> getting into anodizing...something I don't think my brain has room right
> now to learn. I have some metallic wax I use on some of my unglazed pots
> that might work.  These are the bullet shaped things...I like them well
> enough to keep them.  I know I will have to sand them down and probable
> prime them with something.
> 
> 
> Finally building the last piece inside...the couch/bed with large
> drawers for extensions to make a queen sized bed....yea!!!
> Lexxy/aka/Lynn 
> [Alexis Lynn] in Augusta Ga.
>  '67 Safari ...the never ending story!
> http://flummoxed.org/lexxey/dewdrop.htm
>  
> 
> 
> 
>>Here's a link to our threshold photos:
>>
>>http://www.insideout-design.net/maxwell/During/door.html
>>
>>The aluminum material is available at Home Depot.
>>
>>Rob Davis
> 
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> When replying to a message. please delete all unnecessary original text
> 
> To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
> http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.html

------------------------------

End of VAL Digest V1 #50
************************


-----------------------------------------------------------------
When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary Digest text

To unsubscribe or change to an e-mail format, please go to
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/VAList/listoffice.html