Re: [VACList] Seeing Tailgaters Behind a Vintage Airstream

With the '76 Argosy, sans rock guards, I could easily see those pesky cars
following.  since 90% of my driving is solo, I must admit that my first
glance in an emergincy is to the inside rearview mirror, in spite of wishing
it be otherwise.  That's when the transparency really pays off.

I've wondered if I could, without danger, remove the rock guards on the '85.
  I cannot see through the dark tint to the rear window and following cars
when on the road, and frankly, I'm not a big fan of the dark tent while in
camp, either.  By day, I generally prefer to see out clearly, then button up
the drapes in the evening for cozy.

Has anyone done this?  Is the glass in the '85 any softer/more fragil the
the '76?