Re: [VACList] Wiring an Inteli-power and other electrical stuff

An update on my electrical issues:

The outlet in my "shack" DOES have the proper polarity but still isn't
grounded.  Future plans include a new circuit box, rewiring and a dedicated outdoor
outlet for the trailer to have full electrical close by and at all times be
properly grounded.

I believe I have tracked the problem down to a bad extenstion cord.  I
duplicated my reverse polarity scenario (sans the 4 year old) and checked the shell
with my voltmeter and got a reading of 27 (hmmmm).  I plugged the trailer into
a properly grounded outlet with a different extension cord and the reading
was 0.  I then connected put the "bad" extension cord into the good grounded one
(on a GFCI outlet).  I then tried to plug the trailer into the "bad" cord and
the extension cord kept making a little popping sound (not good) where I was
trying to make the connection.  That extension cord is now in the trash.

I bought the cord at Christmas for outdoor lights, it still looks brand new,
doesn't have any kinks in the cord - but you just never know,  do you?

Plugging a different extension cord into the ungrounded outlet in the shack
DOES NOT turn on the polarity light or produce a charge to the shell. (But I'm
still sticking with a grounded outlet from now on.)

Anything else I should check?

Virginia