[VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #272 - Truma AC units

50 Hz induction motors will usually run OK on 60 Hz but may run a little warmer.

Finding 220/240 V in RV parks is a different matter. The ones I've been in don't
have 240 V.

Some 220/240 V motors can have a jumper changed to make them suitable to run on
110/120 V. This is common on north American motors - I don't know if European
motors are commonly made that way. 220/240 V motors do run hotter on 110/120, as
to put out the same power at half the voltage doubles the current. Doubling the
current squares the heat loss from the resistance of the wire windings, P=IČR.
[Power in Watts = Current in amperes squared x resistance in ohms.]

Inquire of the manufacturer of non-north American equipment as to the suitability
or adaptability of their equipment.

Al Grayson