Re: [VACList] Wiring an Inteli-power and other electrical stuff

When I test the ungrounded outlet with a 3-light outlet tester, it just shows
that it is ungrounded.  Is there an easy way to test the outlet with my
digital voltmeter to see if the polarity is reversed? (I just got the meter
recently and haven't figured out all of the functions yet.)  Power tools and fans
seem to run normally.

Also, if I hooked the trailer back into the suspect outlet (keeping all small
children away), could I test the shell to see if it is carrying a dangerous
amount of current?  Be assured that I am being very cautious, I have three
children that need their mama and a husband that would be really pissed if I
accidently killed myself using the voltmeter he just bought me for my birthday.

>IF
>your reverse polarity light is on and the trailer is only grounded
>through an accidental means like the tongue jack, there will be some
>voltage on the shell.

The trailer is not really grounded with the tongue jack, it's resting on a
wood block that is sitting on a brick driveway.  The chains are on the ground,
but they are also resting on the brick driveway.

BTW, I hooked up my new Inteli-power last night (to a grounded outlet).  I
had no idea the 12V lights in the trailer were so BRIGHT !!!  Wow, what a
difference.  Our battery has been way undercharged for the last year because I was
afraid of exploding it with a manual charger.

Virginia
Riverside, CA
69 Globetrotter 21'