Re: [VACList] International questions

David, glad to hear that you will be attending International. First I will
answer your questions, then I will list other items that you may wish to
bring.

Electricity. You will be sharing a circuit with 3 other trailers. It will
accept a standard 3 prong 20 amp plug. You will have enough "juice" to run
your lights, a fan, and keep your battery charged. Try to run a hairdryer or
coffee maker and chances are you will flip the breaker. Coffee is normally
provided mornings at "the tent". Switch your refrig to propane if you have
that option.

Water. You will need at least one drinking water hose (white only please)
and a "T" or "Y" without shut-off valves. You will run a hose from the back
of your neighbors trailer (where either he or you have installed a "T") to
the water inlet on your trailer. In turn the next person will connect to
you. The lack of turnoffs assure that the people at the end of the line have
enough water pressure. It is a good idea to have a water prerssure
regulator, but it needs to not regulate the pressure of the water going to
other trailers.

Sewage. You need to hold both black and wash water. You will be pumped out
every few days. If you do not have a wash water holding tank or suspect that
you will fill it before being pumped out, you will need to bring a portable
blue tank to hold the used water. Use a short section of garden hose to
connect to the blue tank. There will be a place on site to take the "blue
boy" to dump it.

Other items.
If you wish to be parked with vintage you need to parade in with vintage.
Vintage will be meeting on Wed June 25th at the Essex Junction, VT, High
School parking lot. We will be dry camping that night, then parading in on
the 26th. As of now, only the first 1500 registrants will be parked on site.
It is a good bet that vintage registered after this will also be parked
together if they parade in together as they have always parked you one right
after the other in order of your arrival. Our president is seeking a
solution that will allow us all to park together.

If you have a CB radio, bring it. CH 14.

Make sure your fresh water tank is full and your holding tanks are empty,
and you have a good battery (just in case!)

Trailers are normally parked with just enough room to allow your awning to
be used. Make sure that you have enough water hose and electric cord to
reach the rear of your neighbors trailer.

There will be a place to take your laptop to check your email -- no web
surfing please!

There should be showers available at the main meeting area.

Vintage will have a happy hour each afternoon at 4. Bring chairs, drinks,
and a snack to share.

Many people wear red and white on Canada Day (July 1) and red, white & blue
on July 4th.

That's all that I can think of for now.

Scott