[VACList] Sealing the 4slice

Hi to all,

Now that spring is quickly changing to summer in the north, I need to seal
the leaks on the new-to-me '77 31.   There are leaks at all four corners
where the straight walls join to the rounded corners--the plywood is still
solid, but is always damp (I can scrape it a bit with a fingernail).

  I would like to know how many tubes of Vulkem will be required for a once
over on the entire unit.  I can't find any in town (the automotive /
hardware people think Vulkem is a Star Trek character!).  So, I will order
it online I guess, from 'airstreamdreams'.

When looking at the original caulking--it appears to be factory work--I
noticed that there is no sealant on the bottoms of the window frames, nor on
the bottom of various trim pieces (including the big trim strip at the floor
line).  On a house, that is important to allow moisture to wick out, and I
assume that that is the rationale for doing so on the trailer.  However,
when one is doing highway speeds in a rainstorm, wouldn't the air pressure
actually force water spray up into the joints?  I know that there wouldn't
be the drainage advantage of an open joint, but would it not solve more
problems than it creates?  I really want to save the plywood floor, as the
trailer is in very good shape yet--it's not ready for a frame-off
restoration!

I have a gazillion other questions, but will ask them a few at a time.  I
look forward to your advice.

Gary H.
Prince George, British Columbia