[VACList] Re: water heater replacement

Last night, after borrowing all the copper flaring tools, cutters, and
benders, I finally got the gas line in.

Tonight I tested the heater.  First I checked for leaks with soapy water.
Both connections on the pipe I made leaked and needed to be snugged a bit
more.

Next I filled the tank and water began to drip from both the hot and cold
connections.  I used brass elbows to tie into the aluminum tank.  These are
pipe theads so I used teflon tape on each one and wrenched them pretty tight
before I installed the heater.  But both leaked.

I removed them and all the teflon tape.  Which was a bit more difficult
since the heater is mounted now.  I then used the tube of sealent the guy
sold me for the gas line pipe threads, on the water theads.  The tube said
it was ok to use on water or LP connections.

I put it back together, with nothing on the flare water connections to the
trailer.  I have yet to test it as it was getting late and I would rather
sleep tonight thinking I fixed it ;-)

Will test in the morning.  Wish me luck.

Out of all the stuff I replaced on this trailer which includes making new
windows, new A/C, new fridge, new flooring, new cabinet doors, and more.
This water heater has been the most difficult for some reason.

-Tim