Re: [VACList] Atwood water heater w/electric

Hi Tim,
Eighteen months ago I went through the same line of thinking as you are now.
In the end, I decided to go with the LP/electric type. I got a 10 gallon
Suburban just so there would be an abundance of extra hot water available.
Also those 4 extra gallons of water over the 6 gallon version because our
fresh water tank is only 43 gallons. When you're running low on water, four
gallons can be a lot.

The electrical connections for the water heater are on the top and right
side of the unit and come out of an electrical connection box. Once wired
correctly, all of the wire connections are hidden safely away. The propane
connection is near the access door end of the unit and comes up from the
bottom just inside the outside cover.

This larger unit just fit under the galley cabinet without too much trouble
going in. My biggest concern was cutting a hole for it in the side of the
trailer because the factory original water heater was electric only and
didn't require an outside door or vent.

Good luck with whichever you decide.

Brad Norgaard
Phoenix