[VACList] Re: low 110 voltage problem

I would definitely suspect the individual outlet.  My
68 didn't have Al rated outlets ANYWHERE.  Many thanks
to Dr. J for raising this issue and encouraging me to
check that out.

If you get a bad connection between the wire and the
outlet, you will have a measurable voltage drop at
that point.  This will also produce heat when the
outlet is carrying a load :(

I strongly recommend checking this out.  They
definitely do have Al/Cu rated outlets at Lowe's and
Home Depot.  It's money well spent.

If a new outlet does not fix the problem, you should
investigate the wire that supplies it.  This is likely
to be an annoying process.  However, I found a wire in
my 68 that had been *drilled through*.  This finding
was completely accidental (makes you wonder, doesn't
it?).  It was obviously an old "injury" because the
wire was badly corroded and, you guessed it, the
insulation showed signs of overheating at the damage
site.  So, I think it is definitely worthwhile to
track down these sorts of problems.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander