[VACList] Middle age hippies vs 62 Globetrotter

Thought I'd post an update- got all my polishing gear onsite finally and
took advantage of nice but not hot weather to get the ball rolling. Pulled
out awning, plugged into shore current, tried out the a/c and started
compounding.Trying to visualize how to do top panel without standing on it-
modified apple picking ladder with pads? Hang from kid's jungle gym? Also
looking at nooks & crannies where big compounding wheel won't reach-Dremel
mototool perhaps...Biggest problem seems to be crumpled panel beneath H2O
heater; piece of frame curled around  piece of panel. I picture removing
heater, applying enough heat to steel to bend it back but not melting
aluminum and then trying to straighten out the panel enough to rivet it back
together. Hoping I won't have to replace the panels- its underneath anyway
and I'd just leave it bent up before getting swamped by a major project.
Speaking of major projects my wife can't believe I want her to polish the
belly pan once I'm through with the rest of it (hahaha)- does anyone really
get under there and do that whole thing? I'd rather just let it alone.
Hoping to get this far enough along in next month to at least go for a
shakedown jaunt before going to Burlington VT!  Streamingly Yours, CB
Rollins  South Amherst Massachusetts