[VACList] water leak on fixed windows in a 68

Here's a suggestion for anyone else who might have
this problem.  I tried caulking everthing I could
think of to fix the water seepage on the fixed lower
windows on my 68.  I even caulked the edges of the
window itself.  I sealed all the seams with alumunimum
tape on top of the caulk (as an experiment to locate
the point of ingress). It still leaked.

I finally figured out how to remove the glass.  It's
actually quite simple.  You pull out the grey "rubber"
strips along the perimeter of the window.  Then, I
removed the old polybutylene sealant and got the
sealing surface clean.  I then reglazed the window
with conventional glazing compound.  The old grey
strips go back in easily so long as the glass is
centered in the frame.

We finally got a rain worthy of testing my work.  The
reworked window did not leak.  The other one (my
control sample) did leak.  I can't say how long the
glazing compound will work, but it is a pretty quick
job once you know how to do it.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander