[VACList] RE: VACList Digest V3 #165

As a designer, I oftened wondered about the abandonment of the square
cornered windows in the later Airstreams.  Surely this must be the reason.
Style wise, the square corners rule.

If I have the evolution correct, the original windows were jalosies,
basically glass shutters, with sharp, square corners.  These then evolved
into the sharp, square-cornered awning style, allowing for a much better
weather seal when closed.  These were later modified into the radiused (and
more forehead-friendly) corner awning windows I now have.

It does bother this designer a bit that the upper skylight radius is
different from the lower fixed panel above the credenza.  Does anyone know
why they are different?

And I'm not crazy about the fad for "picture windows" that produced the one
outsized and deep tinted window in the living room curbside.  "Picture
windows" should have been reserved for Fleetwood products.

I love the idea of individual window covers/awnings.  Maybe when the fabric
on the zipdee dies I'll try that!

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)

'85 Limited 34'
'03 Avalanche 2500