Re: [VACList] Tires for 1968 26 ft Overlander

John & Donna,

My local Airstream dealer told me to go to Discount Tire. I have a 1966
Globe Trotter, which is a single axle with an UVW of 2910 lbs. Discount sold
me size 700-15 Greenball Super Hwy Bias. On the sidewall it says GBC
Towmaster, 7.00-15LT, load range D, tread 5 ply nylon, sidewall 4 ply nylon,
8 ply rating, max load single axle 2040 lbs at 60 psi or max load dual axle
of 1800 lbs at 60 psi. So far I like them. They were $81 each in Sept of
2002. They are a close fit getting them into the wheel wells, but went in
okay. The weight ratings give me a max load capacity of 4080 lbs for a net
carrying capacity of 1117 lbs. I wouldn't mind having a higher capacity now
because I replaced my axle which is rated at 4500 lbs. These tires should
give you 4 x 1800 = 7200 lbs. An excellent margin of safety for your
Overlander even with a blowout three remaining tires would give you 5400
lbs.

Hope this is some help for you, good luck.

Forrest