Re: [VACList] Wire question

Heres a question for the electricians (and tornado spotters and old engine
people , you know who you are ...! )
   Is there anything inherently wrong with cloth covered 12 w G wire in my
63 ? Its copper , I replaced the chewed up runs , is it a waste of time and
resources to replace it as a matter of course if it looks good , or will it
last another 40 years ?. I also replaced a recepticle with a grounded one ,
then realized it was the first in line , should have used a ground fault
there , woopsie .
    Most all of the interior is exposed short of the rear crown , which
wont be coming down . So I can get at most of the wire if need be , nows
the time . But it takes time , especially taping it back up .
    This chemo I`m on makes me lazy plus in a hurry ! And I`m tired of the
insulation stuck to the shell , even tho the old is out it still has bits
everywhere, want to get fresh fiberglass and skin in .!   Have been
progress in other areas , got some new marker lights from airstream dreams
, fast shipping but they werent kidding when they say the pathfinder
replacements have thin bases , they also need a different hole for the wire
, but they  will be fine , my lenses are mostly shot , not to mention the
insides .
   thanks
Chris Elliott