[VACList] Condensation

Hi Gang,

While we're grounded this week, I've been reading "how to" articles about
fixing problems common to RVs. This one caught my attention and prompts a
question for the RV mechanics in our crowd.

Here's the excerpt:

> Condensation can also cause problems for the RV mechanic. Condensation can
> occur inside the wheel bearings if they are not regularly exercised. This can
> cause rust and bearing failure.
>
> The smell they put in propane can also condense in the gas pipes. If this
> condensate gets into the regulator it may fail. So mount your regulator near
> the top of the tanks so that anything that condenses in the tubes feeding it
> will drain back to the propane tanks.

My question relates to the last sentence. What is the probability of having
a problem in the regulator? I ask because our "new to us" Airstream has the
regulator at the bottom of the tanks.

If the probability is low, then I'll keep on chugging along and leave well
enough alone.

If the probability is high, I'll start looking for shorter hoses and
figuring out how to modify the regulator housing so I can raise it and
connect it near the top of the tanks.

Terry