Re: [VACList] 12-volt woes

Bill,

I am assuming that your '62 is similiar to my '60 Overlander. You say that
wiggling the battery lead used to help. I would start at the battery and
take a long hard look at where the wire disappears into the coach (the
battery box is on the front, outside wall, right?). Inside the coach at the
front is a couch. Take it apart and look for the water tank. To the right of
it on the wall is where the fuse block is located. My bet is that at least
one of your problems is located between the battery and where the fuses (at
least used to be) located.

My 12V system used the trailer body as the ground. It has never caused any
problems, but then again the trailer has been on the road regularly since
'60, so any corosion between panels is worn away exposing fresh metal so the
electrons can flow smoothly where they need to go (or at least that is my
theory.)

The transformer was most likely used to power the original furnace blower
fan. It allowed it to run on either A/C or D/C. I had one of them for the
blower motor and another for a vent fan.

Scott