Re:[VACList] marine plywood sources

Jon,

Glen-L boat designs has a list of suppliers by state on their web site,
www.glen-l.com.  Go to that site and scroll down the menu on the left
side
until you get to "wood and plywood information".  Anchor Hardwood in
Wilmington,
NC looks like it might be a possibility.  As others have been pointed
out, you may also be able to special order marine plywood through a
local
lumber company.

> I would consider using exterior grade plywood (with
> waterproof glue).  However, the best grade I could
> find at the local home improvement place was pretty
> rough looking.  I would like my floor patches to be
> flat for the foreseeable future :)

Marine plywood is wonderful stuff to work with (if you don't think about
how expensive it is, as you saw into it!) but nice exterior plywood can
sometimes be found if you look for it.  In recent years our local lumber
yards have had some very nice BC exterior plywood made from southern
yellow pine.  I have built a couple of boats out of it with good
success.  Regardless of what grade of plywood you use, I second the
advice to seal the edges with epoxy.  (If I were replacing the whole
floor I would seal the whole floor with epoxy!)

John Sellers
WBCCI #1587
'60 Pacer