Re: [VACList] New user introduction/Custom Mattresses/VAC Rallys

Greetings John and Barbara, and welcome to the world of Vintage
Airstreaming!

You might be able to source a custom mattress locally.  When I needed new
matresses for my '64 Overlander, I checked with a number of local custom
bedding outlets and found tha most would customize for an RV as well.  In my
area, Lebeda Mattress and Verlo Bedding were the two most willing to
customize for my coach.  In my case, I chose Lebeda because I was so well
satisfied with the beds that I had purchased from them for my home.  When I
purchased my mattresses from Lebeda, I was able to try out all of their
display beds to find the one that I liked best; then the cost for my custom
mattress was the cost of nearest standard size plus $75.00.  My mattresses
are now nearly five years old and are as good as new (my coach sees at least
six to nine weeks of near continual use every summer) - - and I even lived
full-time in my coach for several months while waiting for my current home
to become available after purchase.

Good luck with your decision!

You mention being interested in attending a Vintage Function during the
summer.  It might be a bit of a jaunt from Dayton, but there is a Region 7
Vintage Airstream Rally in Waldo, WI from July 17-20.  Waldo is near
Sheboygan, and not too very far from the attractions of Door County.  I am
planning to attend this rally if I get back from the WBCCI International
Rally in Vermont soon enough - - I am confident that this rally will be
worth the trip.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
(Towcar-In-Training)