[VACList] New user introduction

Hello, all,

In accordance with the VACList instructions we thought we would
introduce ourselves--John and Barbara Sellers of Spring Valley, Ohio (a
suburb of Dayton).  Barb is a nurse and I'm an electrical engineer by
profession, but we are both planning to retire this year.

We just bought our 1960 Pacer from an older relative who bought it in
1962 and campaigned it all over the US until the mid-90's.  He reckons
it has over 100,000 miles on it.  He took good care of it and it seems
to be in good condition for its age, needing, of course, a good bit of
TLC at this stage.  My first priority is "roadworthiness items" like
tires, running gear, lights, etc. while Barb is addressing the
interior.  Unfortunately we no sooner had it in the pole barn than we
were hit by the recent snowstorms, so we haven't been able to do much
yet.  We hope to have it on the road sometime this summer, while
continuing to "restore" it as long as that takes.  We are eager to
attend some VAC rallies so we can compare notes with other vintage
Airstream owners.

I have read everything on the VAC FAQ page, which has been tremendously
helpful.  We have also joined WBCCI and applied for VAC membership.

One quick question:  Does anybody make replacements for the original
odd-shaped innerspring mattresses?  In the Pacer it's the shape of a
double bed with one corner rounded off to match the curve of the
shell.   A foam cushion would be a serviceable replacement, but the
authentic innerspring mattress is a challenge.

Best regards,
John & Barbara Sellers
WBCC 1587