Re: [VACList] sealing airstream windows

Chas,
     I had some windows that leaked at the rivet line around the windows. If
this is what you are having a problem with, this is how I solved my problem.
Short of removing the whole window. This seems to be a big job.

     I used Vulcum.  First of all I cleaned the window frame, and the old
skin. The process cleaned to old seal as well. The applied masking tape to
the window frame and the skin of the trailer leaving the old seal material
exposed. The I applied a thin film of the Vulcum.  Give the Vulcum time to
seal and then remove the tape for a quick clean up.  If you don't tape the
area you end up cleaning off the seal you just put down.  I hope this might
help you.

     So far I haven't had any new leaks.  I did this last summer.

Martin and Rachel Hughey
WBCCI & VAC #10212
27', 69 International & 16', 61 Bambi