Re: [VACList] Vintage Look Awning\par

Just a note about poles.  I got a fantastic set of poles  a few years
ago from REI.  they collapsed inside themselves for storage and were
heavy duty with a spike at the top to go through the grommet.  Use them
to extend the dry area in the campground beyond the awning of the bvan
with nylon tarps.  I plan on using them for a period awning on one of
the two 50's trailers.

  The best photo of that type of rig is in the 57 National Geographic of
the European caravan.  The Author's trailer had a nice red and white
striped awning with scallops.
  Send us a photo when you get it all done!

Tom Walden