Re: [VACList] Tires

Hi Tom,

I have a '74 Argosy tandem and I'm using the Goodyear 225 75 R15 in load
range C.  For your application, load range D is most likely necessary.  My
experience is that the tires must be about 28 inches in diameter.  I have a
new set of Carlisle 700-15 bias ply that should be a replacement for the
original.  However, they are > 29 inches in diameter and hit the rear of the
wheel well.  Front and middle clearance are OK.

Also, be sure of the manufacture date if you buy new tires.  They should be
within a few months of manufacture to be acceptable.  I think the first two
numbers are the week of manufacture and the last number is the decade.

Anyone out there who could use the Carlisle tires, let me know off list.

BTW, I'll be  using the 235 load range D for my '69 Safari single axle.

Hope this helps,

                            '74 Argosy, Joy