[VACList] Axle replacement

Does this mean the spring rate of a Dexter axle can be adjusted below the stated
specification?  If yes can this be done after installation or is this something you must
have done at the factory when the axle is built?

With regard to Paul's "out of the box" philosophy:  I agree with respect to many things,
for example automobile repair and maintenance is something I buy.  To me there are
two differences in the case of my Vintage Airstream.   First I am doing this as a project.
If the only challenge was to pay someone enough money to get what I want I'd be way
further ahead to buy someone else's completed project. Less importantly but still
significant to me is the fact that I cannot comparison shop for an out of the box
solution to the axle question. I'm not a hardcore bargain hunter but it troubles me that
Inland RV has a monopoly in this case.  I'm not making a judgment regarding the value
of their inside information.  I just think a little competition is a good thing.  So lacking
that I am going to see if, with a lot of help from the list, I can save about 50%.  Wish me
luck!

Thanks for the info Joy.

Dick
'62 Bambi