[VACList] "Mobile America" airing on KCET in LA this week

I thought I would share some information from a message I received via the
Tin Can Tourists Association - (that I am sure many of you also received).

For those that did not - if you live in the Los Angeles area - or are able
to receive KCET (LA PBS station) - the program that Phil Noyes has been
putting together is scheduled to be shown this Wednesday - January 8th at
8pm.  It is titled "Mobile America" - (or possibly "The History of the
Travel Trailer" - that is what shows on the KCET website program listing).

Phil Noyes co-authored - with Bryan Burkhart and Allison Arieff - the
recently introduced book "Trailer Travel - A Visual History Of Mobile
America".

It was mentioned that the show will be offered to other PBS stations around
the country.  There is no guarantee they will pick it up - and if they did -
when they might show it.  It was suggested that March is a time when many
PBS stations operate fund raisers and that might be a logical time for
showing it. ( KCET in LA will be showing the program during a fund raiser)

So...I contacted KCTS - my local PBS station here in Seattle (very easy to
do - right from their own website - I clicked on "contact us" and then I
opted for "regarding scheduling") to find out if they planned to show
"Mobile America" / "The History of the Travel Trailer" later in the spring.

"Viewer Services" got right back to me and advised me that the show was not
scheduled to air anytime in the near future.  I was then advised that my
request would be forwarded to their "programming department" and it was
pointed out to me that the "programming department" relies on "viewer input"
to make future programming decisions.  So...if you are interested in
possibly having the show air on your local PBS station -  input is obviously
important!

I know I look forward to seeing the show whenever it works out!

Best Wishes.  RL McFarland