Re: [VACList] Ground Fault Protection

Hi Jim Stewart,

In our '67 22', the culprit receptacle is near the floor beside the
refrigerator. That receptable gets wet when we tow in the rain. The moisture
comes in through the ventilation screen in the belly pan and flows toward
that receptacle.

It's for this reason all of our storage goods are inside airtight plastic
boxes, not the usual Airstream brown trays.  We found this out the hard way
when clothes were packed in the brown trays. One dusty road told the story
in spades.

For some reason, our outside receptacle hasn't been a problem, perhaps
because it's high on the wall near our kitchen sink, or perhaps I
inadvertently did a first class job of caulking it, or perhaps the rubber
seal inside the screw-on cap is the correct size. Sometimes, I luck out.

I'm sure you'll find the errant receptacle,

Terry

PS - Later this week, we leave New Orleans and roll back east to warmer
weather in Florida. Maybe we'll find some more good boondocking spots.