Re: [VACList] Tekonsha Voyager

Greetings Dick!

I have the Tekonsha Voyager in my '99 Suburban mainly because my Airstream
dealer only handles Tekonsha products in the brake controller line.  It is
perfectly adequate, and I really don't have a single complaint with the
unit.  I do miss the convenience of the remote control that I have with the
Hayes-Lemmerz Micro Control HD-Plus that is in my Cadillac and the earlier
version of the same controller that I have in my '65 Dodge.

For the difference in cost (about $40.00), I would choose the Hayes Lemmerz
with remote control if the mounting point for the controller were the least
bit inconvenient.  In my Suburban, it is fairly easy to reach the Tekonsha
Voyager so it hasn't been a problem; however, in my Cadillac and Dodge the
mounting point is so low on the dash as to preculde a quick easy reach in an
emergency.  After experiencing an emergency with my '82 Pontiac Bonneville
while towing an '18 foot Nomad with an inconvenient controller location, I
have insisted upon either a remote control or a controller that can be
located inconspicuously on the dash.

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
(Towcar-In-Training)