Re: [VACList] Question about 1948 Airstream

Hi Tuna,

We are located in Colorado Springs, CO. Wow! Sounds like we've got our work
cut out for us, eh? Had no idea about the suspension, but am hoping that
once we get down into the flooring that we find not much needs to be
replaced (crossing my fingers!). The trailer had been used as a hunting
trailer for many years (can also be judged be the kerosene lamps through out
the trailer), and then bought by a woman in Pueblo who then had it just sit
on her property. In '97 the heater I suppose exploded and the fire
extinquished itself, but not before causing damamge to the wall that was
supporting it, as well as the closets and upper cabinets above the sink (the
heater was placed dangerously close to the fold out couch they had added -
we will probably just take it out all together). All of that will need
replacing, but we were happy to find that the charcoal ceiling near where
the heater is (was) comes clean with 409 and/or oven cleaner (I've heard
natures orange works wonders as well).

This has been our American dream for a long time, and although it will be an
on going and long process, I keep thinking of the results and that keeps us
going (gosh, and we've only put about 6 hours into it so far!)

Have no pictures yet, but will post as soon as I get my film developed in my
camera (took many before and after sweeping/cleaning pics).

Take care! And I'd love to see your '48 Trailwind if you by chance had any
pictures to post :)

Best regards,
Liz