[VACList] FW: Vermont/Generators

A couple of posts on Vermont recently spoke of generators. I may soon be
getting one.

I've got 30 amp electrical, so a 5000-watt unit should cover it. But am also
thinking about using it for back-up for our home, and have been advised that
a 6K unit would be better for that. I've heard Hondas are quietest. Around
here (southern Maine), Kawasakis and Generacs seem to be quite available,
and priced to sell.

I'd like to hear, off-list or on if the list would be interested, of
anyone's experience as to type/make, size, reliability, etc.

Thanks.

Terry Clopper
WBCCI, NEU, VAC.
1993 - 34' Excella