[VACList] Question about 1948 Airstream

Hi there!

I am new to this list, and a new owner of a 1948 Airstream Liner Tradewind
22' trailer (my husband and I picked the trailer on Saturday!). I was
looking through the archives of the VAC list, trying to figure out the
original layout of the Airstream, as sometime between the manufacture date
and now the past owners took out the bed in the back and put in a bathroom
instead. It also looks as if some of the appliances were replaced in the
50's or 60's and a wall heater was added (as well as cabinets were replaced
with a fold out couch). My husband and I would like to restore our trailer
to the original layout and try to find as many original parts as possible in
our restoration process, can anyone help with idea's on how to replace the
existing bathroom with a bed again? Or might this damage the trailer
further? Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Elizabeth