Re: [VACList] 63 Bambi brakes

Hi Ron & Dee,

  I did a lot of research on that a month ago, I'm starting out just like
you.  I have been to many RV, Airstreams, and trucking sites.  They
generally
mention two choices, the Jorden Ultima, or the Tekonsha Prodigy.

  The Jordon has a wire that hooks to the brake pedal, and is popular 'cause
when you step on your brakes, they are applied in proportion to how far you
push the pedal down.  It has a readout that measures the current instead of
the voltage as in the Prodigy.  This is supposedly useful for
troubleshooting,  Many compare the Ultima to the feel of old controllers
that
hooked into the hydraulic brake lines of the vehicle.  The main reason you
can not do this nowadays seems to be antilocking brakes.  That is the little
I remember.  The Prodigy seems popular because it "works", unlike earlier
pendulum models that needed adjusting constantly.  I actually talked with
Tekonsha tech support about the mechanism.  They are only trained to say it
is some guided missile thingy technology, and it stops there.  You can still
think of it as a tiny pendulum that senses deceleration and tells your
brakes how hard to apply.

  Many like the Jordon for its simplicity.

  These are things I have read on the internet.  I have no real experience.
I did choose the Prodigy however.  I need to buy one soon.

  Winter is here now, and no hurry 'till spring.  There is a lot to learn
isn't there?  :)

Jim