[VACList] Vintage Puller

Some time back I started a thread on vintage pullers.  It was mostly a
reaction to the rollover totalling of my 66 Ford F-250 Camper Special.
During the course of that thread I developed a profile for my perfect
vintage puller.

I decided that I wanted a 1973 (latest year to avoid smog inspection in CA)
Ford (because you don't really have to fix or repair daily) high top camper
van (so I could do weekenders without having to pull the Airstream) with a
smaller V-8 and C-4 tranny (for fuel economy and ruggedness).  My ideal
vintage puller would be at least a 3/4 ton frame and, because of the high
top, would draft the Airstream nicely.

Well last night my honey and I went up to check out such a van at an auto
"hobby" shop in Escondido.  It was so perfect that we had to pinch each
other over dinner B4 making the purchase decision.  Clean - Clean inside and
out with a 302 V-8.  Now I am ready to hear the horror stories of 302's but
please bear in mind that my 66 Airstream Safari has been paired down to 3100
pounds in the last year.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park