Re: [VACList] Heaters

Hi Guys:

Always glad to butt in, let me offer the following from the Olympian Manual:

"The heater consumes air from the room in which it is installed.  To assure
complete combustion, an adequate fresh air supply to the room is necessary.
It is good practice to have at least two openings, one high and one low.
The room must have at least one square inch of FREE AIR opening per 1,000
Btu/hr. input to the heater with rooms of average tightness.  If the room is
tightly sealed or insulated so that natural infiltration is low, additional
ventilation is required.  At least 7 square inches are recommended for Model
6100."

The 6100 is equivalent to the Wave 6 (~6000 Btu/hr)

The opening under my refrigerator exceeds the input requirement.  I also
leave at least one ceiling vent cracked.  Hasn't affected me adversely yet
except for an occasional tic <grin>.

Later,

GQ '67 Safari