Re: [VACList] table leg

John,

If you haven't tried the usual Airstream dealers, you might start with the
ones who contribute replies to this list before branching out to others,
like Oasis in AZ, or American Way in ID, or Fogdall in IA.

If there are no nibbles when you ask Airstream dealers, try local trailer
dealers who sell any brand of RV. You may need to modify something they use.
There are a variety of mechanisms used to hold legs on tables, so shop
around (perhaps buy one of each and then be creative when you get back
home).

If none of the clones are satisfactory, put the broken parts in a ziplock
plastic bag and take it to any local machine shop.  It'll cost a few bucks
for them to make up one for you, but what else in new?

Or, if your local high school has a technical shop section, that might worth
a try. Some teachers like using real life problems when making lesson plans
for students.  It's relatively easy to find out the Shop teacher's name and
arrange a visit after school.

As an aside, the table leg in our '77 31' Airstream has a tendency to loosen
up every few years. Last week, it had loosened up enough for me to replace
the two pop rivets and lag screw that hold it in place.  If I wanted, I
could make it a permanent fix, but I wrap carpet around the leg for my cats
to use as scratching post. When the leg loosens up is when I replace the
carpet. Some of us have quirks that make no sense to others. <grin>

Good Luck with your search. If you need phone numbers of Airstream dealers,
ask and we can dig out those for you.

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net