Re: [VACList] Heaters

I replaced my suburban furnace with a 8000BTU catalytic heater in my 29 foot
Airstream.  Don't regret it and it keep me warm all winter in New York
State.  Below  27 degrees I supplement heater with a small electric heater
in the bathroom (on low). Someone on list suggested using a small fan to
help circulate heat - I don't know if this helps but I do use a fan.

I don't remember the furnace model that I threw out but I think it was an
NT32 (for 29 ft trailer).

Below is a copy of an email that I received from US Catalytic Corp when I
was researching my conversation to catalytic heat.:

            Please call me on our toll free @ 800-254-4181, Extension 109.
We can discuss in detail and I can mail you more information.  In a
nutshell, the byproducts of combustion from catalytic heaters are one tenth
of 1% each, water vapor and carbon dioxide.  The remaining 99.99% is pure
low intensity infra-red heat. Regards, Arthur Mindle U. S. Catalytic
Corporation

I am a customer and have no interest in any company selling heaters.

Noah S.
Hopewell Junction, NY
74 AIRSTREAM