[VAC] Re: Rectangle vents and window operators

I have been on a search for properly working LeDeau vent operators.  I have three spares that do not turn.  I have looked at the replacement parts only to find that they do not match the look or retro feel of the originals.  I would hate to have one vent with originals and the other with squared off after market handles.

I checked with the vender to see if I could fit my stock handles on the new operators to give the original look.  I was told that I would have to machine the old handles to fit.  I just wonder if anyone has a clue at how to free up the frozen operators AND why anyone would make an aftermarket product that doesn't look like the original?  I don't think costs should be the only factor in producing a decorative aftermarket handle.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA