[VAC] Re: new participant and axles

Joy Hansen.

Why off list?

There are many people interested in axle replacements.

We are also interested in another source other than Henschen.

However, in our discussions with the national sales managers of Dexter, Southwest Wheel and Hayes Axle, none of them are interested, to any degree, unless there is a minimum one time prepaid order of 200 axles that are identical in size, shape and rating. They also stated that they would not ship axles with loose brackets, for the customer to weld in place, as that would burn the rubber rods, making the new axle useless.

Many Airstream/Argosy owners that are in a process of restoring or upgrading don't have an answer of what can be done with the suspension system.

We got involved with the axle program, so that the typical Airstream or Argosy trailer owner would be assured that they received replacements that were equal to the original, and/or replacements that increase the load carrying capacity and/or ground clearance, and ball height, without jeopardizing the Airstream/Argosy design criteria.

That was not a task that Airstream or Henschen wanted to be involved with. It just made good sense for us to do it, since we have an on going program of being a source for many parts for the older trailers, such as ceiling vent covers, stove exhaust vent covers, window clips, bar arms, vent operators, window operators, Air conditioning shrouds, windows, moldings, holding tanks, water tanks, cabinet and rooflocker catches, single hinged door hinge pins, disc brake parts, and many other parts for the older trailers, all at reasonable prices.

There are many owners that do not have the time to seek out the absolute cheapest price, or alternate sources. They just simply want an easy solution to their needs. We have fulfilled that need, and will continue to do so.

Please keep this site informed of your approach and or answers pertaining to the axle situation. We are just as interested as they are.

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com