[VAC] New to VACList, axles

Hi  everyone.

My name is Jim Widdicombe and I live in central Montana .  I bought a 1977
Argosy 20 foot last weekend on the advice of a friend.  It is also the first
camper that I have ever had.  The only real problem with it is that the
axles are shot (positive slope, they bottom out fast).  I did not know that
when I bought it. :)   I have been through the archived axle thread, and
realize that I have few choices.  Inland wants a lot of money, more than I
can afford right now, and Henderson Wheel in Boise says that their Alco
axles would have to be welded on, but are half the price (not the $250 I
remember from one of the posts).  I am wondering if anyone has found an
alternate solution to this problem since that thread?

I have learned a great deal from all the threads, but as a newbie I am
certain to ask some stupid questions.  Thanks

It is about a hundred miles to the nearest RV dealer.  We are sort of in the
back woods living out of the city on a river.

I also have the original manual, and some installation-operating
instructions such as the NT-12 and NT-16 Suburban furnace and a Dometic
frig.

Take care,

Jim Widdicombe