[VAC] Re: 12V Catastrophe fuse (was: What's that Smell)

Title: 12V Catastrophe fuse (was: Re: What's that Smell)

The schematic for my Sovereign shows a 50 amp AGU fuse in
the lead between the battery's negative post and the fuse
panel.  I found that at some point mine had been removed
and replaced with a large wire nut.  Scary stuff.

In reworking that wiring, I used new 4 AWG cable and finally
found a fuse holder and the correct fuses at a local car
stereo shop.  Some of the bigger stereos use 4 AWG for power
so the fuse holder I bought was sized to accommodate that
big of a cable.  The stereo shop was also was the only place
I could find 40 and 50 amp AGU fuses.

Jimbo / '76 Sovereign