[VAC] Re: what's that smell (gas?)

I wouldn't want to downplay the possibility of a propane/burner problem,
but another possibility occurred to me.  Growing up on a farm with well
water having a high sulfur content could cause a smell very similar to
methane when the water was heated in our water heater.  Just a thought
about another possibility.

A second possibility also occurred to me and that was a leak in DWV vent
pipe.  My Overlander had a modified black water tank vent pipe that was
not properly sealed and under certain atmospheric conditions, there
would be a methane smell near the water heater as the pipe exited
through the roof in the same closet as the water heater.

I bring up these two possibilities knowing that I seem to live with
Murphy's Law on a daily basis.

Good luck in finding your noxious odor source.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359