[VAC] What's that smell? Can't smell Carbon Monoxide!

Tim,

The risk you speak of knows no age limit nor is it prejudiced in any other
way.

If you are uncertain of your work, or if there was a problem or if you even
think you had a problem with this furnace then you most likely will always
be questioning yourself as to the safety of this unit.

Good quality carbon monoxide detectors do cost more than the everyday smoke
detector but they work differently and I guess that's why they cost more.
How much are human lives worth?  They are priceless as we all know too well
nowadays.

If you can afford it and you don't trust or if you even suspect that this
unit may be faulty then I'd recommend that you replace it with a brand new
unit that will come with a warranty and most likely it will be a safer unit
than those built back when your trailer was new.  I'm sure you can find a
bargain price on a brand new unit if you search around.

One of the best Search programs you can download for free is at
www.copernic.com and there is no time limit for this program nor is it
shareware.  This version is FREE, which is always a good thing. ;)  You
could purchase the Pro version but if all you need to do is Internet
information searches of the usual variety I highly recommend this FREE
Search program.  Be sure and set the Details tab when you go to do a Search.
The highest limit you can set as a default is 300 Items per Search Engine
and a Total of 3000 hits per Search.

You may also want to educate yourself about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide
poisoning.  They call this stuff the "silent killer" because it debilitates
you and you couldn't even save yourself if you wanted to and you know this
stuff is killing you!  This gas is colorless AND odorless AND LETHAL.

Just keeping a window cracked when the furnace is running is not enough to
be safe!  I believe you actually need cross ventilation AND I'd also keep
the roof vent cracked as well so there will be suction and an exchange of
the inside air (and loss of heat as well) in your trailer.

Do a Search for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and see what you come up with.  It
might be good as a refresher if we all educated ourselves one more time
about the dangers of this lethal gas since it's that time of year to begin
running our furnaces in BOTH our RV's and our homes.  Every year people will
die and it's not necessary if you prepare yourself and your family.

Tom
WBCCI 5303