[VAC] Re: Stabilizer Jacks?

Greetings Jeff and Daile!

Be extremely cautious as you look at alternatives to the Airstream issue
stabilizing jacks.  I thought that I would save a little money and had a
pair of BAL scissors style stabilizer jacks installed on the rear frame
members of my Overlander.  Even in their fully retracted position, they
proved to be a clearance issue.  They would even drag when crossing some
city intersections with dips where the streets crossed.  The jacks would
drag on nearly every driveway that had even the most gradual dip.  I
finally ended up dragging the curbside unit off exiting the driveway at
my farm's driveway.

I am going to do what I should have done in the beginning and have the
stabilizing jacks similar to those used on the new rigs installed when I
take my rig into Ace Fogdall to have my regular Winterization and Fall
maintenance.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359