[VAC] Re: Winterizing Again

This pretty much covers it for me as well... In addition, since I work
alone in most cases, I made an adapter to go from the water inlet to the
quick connectors for the air hose.. ( with a ball valve.)... I just set the
regulator on the pump to 30-40 lb and go through the trailer blowing out
pipes... I open the water heater with the air pressure on and blow it out
as well.... The reason for the ball valve in the adapter was to give me
some extra control over when the air was on to the trailer... I can hook
everything up and have the compressor running without fighting the pressure
while trying to hook up... just saves a few steps.

Since we don't use the tank water to drink, or cook with , I am more
liberal with the RV antifreeze than some and run it through the pump and
cold water lines using a hose from Camping World until it starts coming out
of the faucets.....I don't have a bypass on the hot water tank and have not
been pumping the hot lines full of antifreeze... I have been counting on
the blow out to do the job...maybe I will get the bypass on this year and
protect everything...

After draining the holding tank into a "blue boy" and emptying it down a
sewer clean out just outside my basement wall, I dump a couple of gal into
the various traps and finish up by dumping the rest down the toilet... this
leaves some trap water and antifreeze in the tank and should keep the valve
seals wet... so far no problems but I have water back in the system within
a couple of months if we head South for the 3 coldest around here....It
will freeze in Chicago tonight and I don't have it done yet so the furnace
is on and the power hooked up in my driveway...

I am still having fun and learning every day...

Jim