[VAC] More brakes and LEDs

A couple folks have asked, so here's a general reply.  I'd be more than
happy to respond directly to any additional questions.

1.) The extractor tool I used is from this set.  Sears has other sets
available.  The nuts were in such various states of rust that I had to use
the three largest sizes from this set:

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summary/productsummary.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1377032289.1034270630@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccghadcgheijemmcehgcemgdffmdfim.0&vert
ical=TOOL&bidsite=&pid=00952160000

2.) Again, the LEDs ROCK!  I only gently hinted at this once before, but
these lights from Doran are about 1/5th the best price I found anywhere
else.  On balance I found LED lights of the same size and function -- at
best -- slightly less than $200/ each .

Here's the link to the lights:
http://www.doranmfg.com/final_pages/doran_7.pdf  Call Scott on the contacts
page if you are interested.  Tell him you heard about these through our
discussion group.

I regret I do not have a digital camera, but I will try to borrow one & post
a couple pictures somewhere.  Final comment is that I was originally
frightened off from replacing backing plates because I assumed that nothing
made today could have the same "heft" as an older component.  The new
backing plates are nearly identical in weight and dimensions as the old
ones, so that myth has been purged, at least in my mind.

Fran