[VAC] Re: Electrical woes

Now the Toshiba TV/DVD goes on pretty normally, without loading down the
circuits with other DC appliances.  But when it plays it has a video noise
bands every second or so and makes a humming sound.  No problem when I plug
it into AC.  No problem earlier.  Suspect that the univolt is charging now
but was dormant earlier ?!

Still no luck getting hot water ignition on the RV-500.
Joy wrote:
> IMHO, most appliances have a wide range of operating voltage and most likely
> have a zener diode (sets the output regardless of the input) in the circuit
> to protect sensitive components.

I will endeavor to find internal components like the zener diode in my water
heater.  BTW, I have tested the Toshiba TV/DVD in the Toyota with the engine
running and not running.  The measurement was taken with the engine off.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA