[VAC] DC Plugs

I recently bought a Toshiba 9" TV/DVD combo that runs off DC as well as AC
power.  After purchasing it I plugged it into the cigarette lighter of my
truck and it started up.

Got back to the Airstream and plugged it into the cigarette lighter that
came with the coach back in 66.  I got no power.  The old socket works when
I plug in its original lighter, but not the TV/DVD.  Does anyone know of
compatibility problems betwee old lighter recepticles and newer DC plugs?

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA