[VAC] Re: Painting of an Airstream

Contrary to some opinions, painting an Airstream trailer, metallic silver,
ADDS to it's value. The WHY is easy. No more polishing and no more
plasticoating. Anyone that has been around Airstream for a while, knows the
cost and effort that goes into that.
Waxing a silver painted trailer, assuming a professional paint was applied,
once a year, will give the paint a life of at least 20 years. Plasticoat is
good for 3-4 years, and polishing, depending on location, can be every two
weeks.
Therefore the paint is very cost effective, as well not consuming nearly as
much of one's check book, or, labors.
I have painted them for over thirty years, and I have yet to have anyone tell
me that it ruined the value of their Airstream.
On the contrary, many many of them do tell me of all the compliments that
they have received along with the question, "where can I get that done?"

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com