[VAC] Re: water pump again

OK Tom,

However, take a look at the Atwood tank and the location of the exit
fixture.  Certainly not at the top of the tank.  Nor is the pressure valve
at the top of the tank.  Same thing at the bottom, the fitting is well above
the bottom of the tank, as is the drain.  The electric element is in the
center of the tank and the gas heat tunnel is near the center, not the
top/bottom of the tank.  The hot water tank will exhaust air to the top
fitting and then pass water.

There is an air space above the fitting.  Might only be a half gallon, but
it must be there.  I'm too lazy to measure and calculate the actual volume.

I seem to get quite a bit of flow before the pump comes on and then
considerable pump run after the water is shut off.  My thought was that it
was the air space in the water heater.

I'll try venting the water heater and see what it does.  Also, I'll by-pass
the water heater and see if I still get the accummulator tank effect.

                   Regards, '74 Argosy, Joy